At long last I have something concrete to share! Behold, the teaser trailer for my upcoming indie game BasketBelle, formerly referred to as ProjectB.
(I suggest switching to 720p fullscreen to really enjoy the next 55 seconds of your life)
The teaser above is made up of footage taken from a demo edition I put together for submission to this year’s IndieCade. I’d say I spent about 3 months working on the game so far, though the current version represents about 10% of what I have planned. I have no release date in mind yet, so in general I’m going to keep working on it until it’s finished. It’s been really helpful to look at the game as a whole so early, allowing me to tweak and tune things before it’s too late (thanks testers!).
While I still don’t want to reveal too much, here’s a little run-down of what to expect:
- Good ole fashioned 1-on-1 backyard basketball action
- Face off against a bunch of opponents, each one requiring a different play style in order to be beaten
- Take part in fancy flashbacks/sequences in an unfolding story
- Makes heavy use of the cardboard/handmade visual motif
- Introduces all-new dynamically-driven music (including what you heard in the trailer!)
- Does not have [brackets] around its title
That’s about it for now, so… here, have a bunch of screenshots!